Synopsis: An accessible discourse written by a trusted expert and scholar critiquing the new atheism on its own merits and claims.
The rise of the new atheism, which includes the manifestos of Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, has created a public willingness in today’s marketplace to talk about God and religion. Yet the debate up to this point has focused largely on rebutting the new atheist critique of Christianity. Why God Won't God Away moves into new territory by challenging the new atheism on its own grounds. Chapters include discussion on:
- What is the new atheism
- The problem of religion
- The problem of human nature
- Believing only what can be proved
- Dealing with imagined worlds and myths
- The new humanism and the new enlightenment
- Violence and dogmatism
My rating: 5 stars
This book was provided free by Booksneeze. I was not required to write a positive review, and the opinions expressed here are my own.
If you would, could you please give this review a helpful rating on amazon?
- From the Garden to the City by John Dyer
- Diviner by Bryan Davis
- Thunder in the Morning Calm by Don Brown